Multi Light Electric Fence Voltage Tester for Horse and Livestock Fencing
- Lights calibrated to glow from 1000 to 6000 volts
- Measures Voltage drop between points along electric fence
- Test the fence line at different locations to determine if the fence line is operating properly
- Easy and convenient for testing fence wire voltage
- Wire length 50 inch
Lights calibrated to glow from 1000 to 6000 volts measures Voltage drop between points along electric fence.
To test the energizer not connected to an electric fence:
1 Disconnect the ground and fence terminals from the energizer.
2. Plug in or turn on the energizer and touch the fence tester's ground probe to the energizer's ground terminal.
3. Touch the tester's fence probe to the energizer's fence terminal and observe the number of lamps that are illuminated.
The highest lamp number illuminated will indicate the energizer's open circuit output voltage at no-load conditions.
Caution: To prevent damage to the fence tester, the output of high-voltage and weed-clipper energizers should be measured for less than one minute.
To test the fence line:
1. Energize the fence line and push the fence tester's ground probe into the earth.
2. Touch the fence line with the fence tester's fence probe and observe the number of lamps that are illuminated.
3. The highest lamp number illuminated will indicate the voltage output on the fence line at this particular location.
4. Test the fence line at different locations to determine if the fence line is operating properly.
5. Wide variations in the output readings may indicate a fence line problem.
Note: Voltage given are an average. Because of the manufacturer's tolerances in lamps and resistors, these figures are subject to a 10% tolerance.
The minimum voltage needed to control an animal will vary with the type of energizer output and the type of animal.
Multi-Light may be used to test extremely hi-voltage/hi-impedance energizers at the terminals for short periods of time.
Accurate voltage measurement may not be possible if the energizer is not connected to a fence line.
We Also Recommend
Farmily Electric Fence Jump Leads Cable Connect Energizer and Fencing Wire
Farmily Energizer to Fence Cable Electric Fence Wire to Connect Fence Charger/Controller with 45 Inch Length Wire
Farmily Energizer to Polyrope Connector Wire for Electric Fence Charger and Wire
Farmily Energizer to Polytape Connector Wire for Electric Fence Installation